The 3 Little Pigs
The 3 Little Pigs Souvlaki philosophy is to use time honoured cooking methods, family recipes and quality produce to make real food with integrity and taste – something that is missing from the Greek/London street food scene.
With 25 years’ experience in the customer service and food-service management industry, the time is right to introduce London to The 3 Little Pigs and allow it to experience a tradition that has combined an amazing childhood memory, traditional cooking techniques and a love of BBQ.
While beloved in Greece, the souvlaki, has fallen from grace as a casual dining/fast food option. The blue-and-white world of Greek tavern dining has often been plagued by stodgy moussaka and vine leaves dripping with more cheap oil than an episode of Dallas. 3 Little Pigs will inject integrity, technique, time honoured methods and quality produce (with a twist) to Greek street food.
Founder Kostas Vais aims to honour his Greek heritage:
“The name originates from trips to Greece with my parents in the summer.
“During siesta time, as young kids, we couldn’t sleep, so our Grandfather would take all three of us to the playground. We would play on the see-saw, swings etc. and then he would read us a fairy-tale (The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, The Ugly Duckling etc…), then on the walk back home, we would stop at the souvlaki van for a pork souvlaki with bread as a treat.
“This childhood memory stayed with me and my brothers well into our teens and adulthood, where we would invite friends over for BBQs, though instead of the traditional Australian meat BBQ, we would cook Souvlakia, allowing us to combine the great Australian past time of BBQ with our Greek souvlaki.”
Sample Menu: Naked
- Seasoned pork souvlaki, charred sour dough, lemon & olive oil dressing
- Seasoned chicken souvlaki, charred sour dough, lemon & olive oil dressing
- Pitta Bread, Messina tomatoes, red onion, tzatziki, seasoned pork souvlaki & salad choice
- Pitta bread, Messina tomatoes, red onion, tzatziki, seasoned chicken souvlaki & salad choice
- Pitta bread, Messina tomoatoes, red onion, seasoned barrel-aged baked feta
- Pitta bread, GreekThyme honey, Cretan walnuts, cinnamon, Greek yogurt